7/22/13

my favorite birthday boy


My main man here turned 31 this weekend. We celebrated by ditching real life for a NOLA get-away. I love having a soulful city right at our fingertips for such occasions. We laid in bed for half of the day and had a National Lampoon marathon (because that's what you do when you turn 31). And then we dinner and a movie, fancy edition, and were in bed at our hotel room by 10:30. Bam. Sunday was rainy so we did the aquarium (because that's also what you do when you turn 31), and then it was back to reality.

There really aren't words to express how thankful I am for this man of mine. Being married to your best friend is the only way to go. I thank God everyday that He had us for each other. 

Husband, you are the most selfless, hard-working, loving, protective, hilarious, grounded man there is. You are a man among men. You are the leader I've always needed. Thank you for loving me just the way I am, and never trying to smother the wild out of me. 

You are the other half of whatever I am. We are each other's complete opposites, but we work. 

And you are all mine. 

31 looks good on you, bay. Here's to 60 more. 

No comments: